Transferring Files To and From Your EC2 Instance
There are various ways to upload and download files to and from your EC2 instance. One quick, convenient, and free way is to use FileZilla (http://filezilla-project.org), an open-source SFTP tool.
To use FileZilla, follow these steps
- Download and install FileZilla.
- Open the FileZilla preferences and select the SFTP settings.
- Click Add keyfile... and browse for your keypair file.
- If FileZilla wants to convert the file, follow the directions. It will not overwrite the original, but will save it with a different (.PPK) extension.
- Save the preferences and using the Site Manager, create a new entry for your host.
- Set the Logon Type to Normal, and set the User to ubuntu. Ignore the Password field as authentication is done using the keypair.
- Now you can connect, and begin uploading or downloading files.